首页 > 留学知识库

问题: 这句话正确么?that可以省略么?

i'm tired out after so long a journey and all that i need now is a good sleep

解答:

这里that引导的是同位语从句,that在从句i need 中作宾语。可省

从句中的“THAT”省略与否

“That” 是英语中的常用词,下面就“that”在从句中的省略与否,和大家共同商讨。

一. 引导主语从句 (“that”不作成分不可省;但在口语中,当它不在句首时可以省略)
1.That he is an engineer. = It is true (that) he is an engineer. 千真万确,他是个工程师。
2.That he said such a thing is funny. = It is funny (that) he said such a thing. 很奇怪他居然说这种话。
二. 引导表语从句 (“that”不作成分不可省)
1.The fact is that he didn’t even take the exam. 事实是他连考试都没参加。
2.The trouble is that you couldn’t come. 麻烦就在于你不能来。
三. 引导宾语从句
(A) 接在及物动词后(“that”不作成分可省)
1. The teacher taught us (that) we should try our best.老师教我们要时刻尽己所能。
2. He remembered (that) he had to finish his homework by the next day.他想起他非得在第二天以前做完家庭作业不可。
注:在上面的句子里的“that”在口语中常被省略,但“that”所引导的名词性从句有两个以上相连时,则第二个从句以后的“that”不可省略,以免意思变得模糊不清。
例:He said (that) there were lots of things to do and that he wouldn’t go with us. 他说他有很多事要做,所以不和我们一起去。
(B) 接在形容词后(“that”不作成分可省)
1. I’m sure (that) he will come sooner or later.我确信他迟早会来。
2.I wasn’t aware (that) you were so ill. 我不晓得你病得那么重。
(C) 接在except, but, in 等介词后(“that”不作成分不可省)
1. This composition is good except that there are some spelling mistakes.这篇作文很好,只是有几个拼写错误。
2.I enjoyed the concert except that the hall was cold.我很欣赏那场音乐会,只是会场冷了些。
3.I’m not so foolish but that I can see what he really meant. 我没有笨到听不懂他话中的真正含义。
4.The little girl would have fallen into the river but that the PLA man caught her.要不是解放军战士把小女孩拉住,她就要掉到河里去了。
5.I was lucky in that I was able to find a good baby-sitter. 我很幸运能找到好保姆。
6.Criticism and self-criticism is necessary in that it helps us to correct our mistakes. 批评和自我批评是必要的,因为它能帮助我们改正错误。
(D) 接表示愿望、惊讶等 (“that”不作成分不可省)
1. Oh that I had never married!要是我不曾结婚多好!
2. That he should do such a thing!(真想不到)他竟然会干出这种事来!
四. 引导定语从句 (“that”作定语从句的主语不可省;但作及物动词的宾语可省)
1. Look at the boy that has a blue book.瞧那个有一本蓝色书籍的男孩。
2.I sold the best jewel (that) I had.我把手中最好的宝石卖掉了。
五. 引导同位语从句 (“that”不作成分不可省)
1. Word came that Napoleon himself was coming to inspect the army.消息传来拿破仑将亲自来视察军队。
2. The rumor that they would get married spread at once.他们要结婚的谣言马上传了开来。
六. 引导状语从句
(A)表目的 (“that”不作成分,在口语中常被省略;通常用so that…, in order that…的形式)
1.I got up early so that I could catch the first bus. 我早起为得是赶上第一班车
2.Come closer in order that you may see the screen better. 靠近一些,以便你能更清楚地看到银幕。
(B)表结果、程度 (“that”不作成分不可省; 通常用so┅that┅, such┅that┅ 的形式)
1.I was so tired that I couldn’t keep awake. 我太疲倦,因此不能保持清醒。
2.She was such an excellent secretary that her boss tried to persuade her not to resign.她是个非常优秀的秘书,所以她的上司设法劝她不要辞职。
(C)表原因或理由 (“that”不作成分可省)
1.We are glad (that) we have reaped another bumper harvest. 我们都感到高兴,因为又获得了丰收。
2.Not that I’m unwilling to go with you, but (that) I’m busy now. 并不是我不愿跟你一起去,而是我现在很忙。
3.Now (that) I’m well again, I can go on with my work. 我既然恢复了健康,那就可以继续工作了。
4.You ought to write now (that) you know the address. 你既然已知道地址,就该写信了。
(E) 在否定词后引导表示范围、限制等 (“that”不作成分不可省)
He has never come on time that I know of.就我所知,他从来没有一次准时来过。
七. 用来代替表示时间的词时,常省略
We left the day (that = when) he arrived.他来的那天我们就离开了。
八. 用来代替主句中的名词及其前置词,常省略
1.I like the place for the very reason (that = for which) you dislike it. 我喜欢那地方的原因恰恰是你不喜欢它的原因。
2.He doesn’t see things the way (that =in which) we see them. 他看问题跟我们不一样。
九.在从句中用于不加冠词的、表示某种特性的名词后,作表语不可省
1.Fool that I was, I took his word for it. 我真傻,竟然相信了他的话。
2.Child that he was, he knew what was the right thing to do. 尽管他是个孩子,他却懂得应该做什么。
十. 用在强调句型中 (“that”不作成分不可省)
1.It was where there had been a theater that they built a new modern school. 他们是在以前曾有过一个剧场的地方建造了一所新的现代化学校。
2.It was not until he took off his dark glasses that I realized he was a famous film star. 直到他拿下墨镜我才认出他是一位著名影星。